Stay up-to-date with daily news and programming updates delivered to your mailbox!
- Know your prospects
- A converted shortstop, Salazar now looks like a solid starting pitching prospect.
- A converted shortstop, Salazar now looks like a solid starting ...
- Tony Lastoria - Indians Baseball Insider
- Walk off
- Jason Kipnis' three-run homer with two outs in the 10th beat the Mariners 6-3
- Jason Kipnis' three-run homer with two outs in the 10th beat the ...
- AP Photo/Mark Duncan
- Paying it forward
- Cincinnati's Andrew Whitworth helps out family of fallen youth football player
- Cincinnati's Andrew Whitworth helps out family of fallen youth ...
- Frank Victores - USA Today Sports
- Streak snapped
- The Phillies snapped the Reds' six-game winning streak with a 5-3 victory on Friday night.
- The Phillies snapped the Reds' six-game winning streak with a ...
- Howard Smith - USA Today Sports
- A pressing problem
- The Cleveland Browns relationship with the media has been a problem… and it matters.
- The Cleveland Browns relationship with the media has been a ...
- Andrew Weber-USA TODAY SPORTS
- Time for a fresh look
- OHSAA membership has voted down a competitive balance proposal a third straight year. Is it time to ask ...
- OHSAA membership has voted down a competitive balance proposal a ...
- AP file photo
OHIO SPORTS BUZZ
05/18 11:16 am
The Crew may have been dominant in the recent series against Toronto FC, but they're going to be a bit short-handed when they face them on FOX Sports Ohio this evening. Here's a press release from the Crew:
05/18 10:40 am
It's hard to ever lose interest in the potential of the top pick in the draft. Greg Oden, picked first by the Trailblazers in 2008, has a well-documented career of injury and less-than-savvy off-court moves, but remains an intriguing available NBA player. Especially in Ohio, because of his Ohio State connections and rumored interest on the part of the Cavaliers.
FS OHIO STAFF
05/18 10:21 am
There were a lot of great comments made on Pat McManamon's article on the poor state of Browns-media relations. We could probably pick out a half-dozen as our Comment of the Day, but we're going with DWhit110's defense of the importance of media relations.
I know a lot of people dimiss these media process stories, but I agree that this is a problem, maybe not a major critical problem, but something that's dumb and should be easy enough to fix. It could only help the Browns perception and their relationships with fans if they figured out how to better leverage the media.
05/18 1:52 am
ST. LOUIS (AP) -- David Freese hit a grand slam for his first homer of the season, and the St. Louis Cardinals used a five-run first inning to beat the Milwaukee Brewers 7-6 on Friday night.
The Brewers made it close on a pair of three-run homers by Aramis Ramirez off Jaime Garcia before losing for the 13th time in 15 games. The bottom four spots in the lineup were a combined 0 for 15.
05/18 1:41 am
05/17 8:00 pm
05/17 5:30 pm
05/17 3:30 pm
Jason Kipnis reacts after his walkoff homer seals the win over Seattle.